With a view to provide better travel experience to the passengers, Indian Railways has introduced Vande Bharat trains with modern coaches having following enhanced safety features and amenities:
Salient Features of Vande Bharat Express Trains
- Fitted with KAVACH.
- Faster acceleration and semi High speed operation up to 160 KMPH.
- Fully Sealed Gangway for Free Passenger Movement
- Automatic Plug Doors
- Reclining Ergonomic Seats and Comfortable Seating with revolving seats in executive class.
- Better Ride Comfort.
- Mobile charging sockets for every seat.
- Mini Pantry with provision of Hot Case, Bottle Cooler, Deep freezer & Hot Water Boiler
- Direct and Diffused Lighting.
- For Divyangjan passengers special lavatory in DTC.
- Emergency openable Windows and fire extinguisher in each coach
- CCTVs in all Coaches
- Emergency Alarm Push buttons and Talk Back Units on all Coaches.
- Better fire safety – Aerosol based fire detection and suppression system in electrical cabinets and lavatories
- Driver-Guard communication with voice recording facility & Crash hardened memory
- Coach Condition Monitoring System (CCMS) display with remote monitoring
- Disaster lights – 4 numbers in each coach in case of Emergency
- 4 platform side cameras including rear view cameras outside the coach.
Total funds utilised for manufacture of Vande Bharat trains is Rs 1343.72 Crores.
As on 28th July, 2023, 50 Vande-Bharat train services are running on the Indian Railways, connecting states having Board Gauge (BG) electrified network.
Introduction of trains, including Vande Bharat services, is an ongoing process on Indian Railways subject to operational feasibility, traffic justification etc.
India’s first-ever indigenously designed and manufactured semi-high speed Vande Bharat trains has provided a modern and comfortable rail travel experience to passengers. High Speed, enhanced Safety standards and world class Service are the hallmarks of this train.
This information was given by the Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronic & Information Technology, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 02 AUG 2023.